Mighty Hands Handwriting
Handwriting is an essential part of school-related activities. Refined hand skills are not only critical for early learning, but enables a child to use tools, participate in manipulative learning activities, and most importantly express and demonstrate his/her knowledge through handwriting.
We unlock hidden talents through fun-filled interactive activities to guide the learner through new techniques to learn appropriate and functional handwriting skills including:
- Hand Control and coordination (pencil control)
- Rhythmic and fluent handwriting
- Correct letter formation
- Consistent sizing of letters and words
- Consistent spacing of letters and words
- Reduction of reversals
- Reduction in uppercase/lowercase confusion
- Line control and alignment
- Copying skills
- Overall legibility
- Motivation and self-confidence
Our program follows a multi-sensory approach and incorporates different programs such as Handwriting Without Tears, Loops and Other Groups, Brain Gym and other therapeutic activities to enhance the child’s fine motor and/or visuomotor skills as fundamentals for handwriting. We incorporate home activities to reinforce and practice newly learned skills.